Millions of games played!
"Great game!" -RS
"Can't stop playing it!" -JK
"One of the best computer from board game conversions I have ever seen." -AS
"I love RBP because, unlike most games, it is actually a challenge to win consistently against the computer." -BB
Play the Rail Baron® app on your computer and tablet!
This Rail Baron® brand game is a train-themed strategy game. Play vs.
the computer, or friends locally and online. The RBP software is an open system:
it works with many maps, and comes with a standard free USA map.
You can register after free-trial period for just $35.
- join the fun: thousands of users, millions of games played
- it's fast: typically just 15 minutes per human participant
- adjustable AI: modify the skill and style of computer opponent bots, configure your own
- play others live via your home network, remotely on the Web, as well as via email
- toggle on/off many variants: backtracking, home city choice, home swapping, ride free on own RRs, rover, more
- statistical reports: city service, monopolies, net worth, dice rolls, more
- Board Game Conductor: does all the table lookups for you, plus can announce them audibly
- continuous play option: study effect of skill and play style by letting computer players oppose each other repeatedly
- save games locally or to cloud for recordkeeping or to resume later
- for a fun, new challenge, play on an alternate map
- download free multimedia add-ons
- detailed feature list
- software FAQ
Get your free 30-day trial with this download:
RBP.ZIP (approximately 2.0M; 4.1M after installation)
It's easy: after downloading, just unzip RBP.ZIP into a new folder and run RBP.EXE.
Or, see the detailed install instructions.
After installing, to run the program, click on the program's icon on your desktop, or find RBP in
the Windows list of "All Programs". For other basic information, view the README.TXT file.
If you see "Windows protected your PC" this is merely Microsoft telling you it's
seeing RBP on your computer for the first time. This is normal for a download.
Click "More Info" and "Run Anyway" to tell Windows you want to run the game.
If the program's icon does not appear on your Windows desktop, create one manually: right click on an
empty area of your Desktop, and select New, Shortcut. When Windows prompts for the location
of the item, enter the path to where you installed the program, such as C:\RBP\RBP.EXE
Didn't care for the game? If you installed RBP into its own folder/subdirectory, such as C:\RBP,
to uninstall simply delete that folder/subdirectory.
RBP's registration fee is just $35. Registration entitles you to the following benefits:
- use of RBP past the free, initial 30-day period on that device
- ability to play on alternate game maps
- a copy of the USR map (same as USA map, except with more balanced RR prices)
- download more multimedia (RR station pictures) for USA and USR maps
- discounts on other maps and the map editor purchased at the same time
- a 12-month Support Plan
- free upgrades for the life of your computer equipment
Runs on most computing devices made since 2001:
- desktop/laptop running Microsoft Windows (98, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11, etc.), or
- tablet with Windows 8 or newer, or
- smartphone with Windows 10 or newer
- RBP also runs under Linux via Wine, or on a Mac via Parallels or Vmware Fusion
- iOS and Android devices via Windows Access
- autoscales to your display: 800 x 600 up through 8K UHD 7680 x 4320
- mouse or touch screen
If your device reports a missing DLL or component when you attempt to
run RBP, do the following:
- 1) download VBRUN60.EXE (approx. 1000k)
- 2) run the downloaded copy of VBRUN60.EXE and answer Yes when asked "Would you like to install the Visual Basic 6.0 run time files?"
- 3) if problems persist, review the information in this RBP FAQ
RBxxx Alternate Maps
Computer and Board Game Formats
For a fun, new challenge, play on one of our Rail Baron® brand alternate maps! Available
maps include GB2 (Great Britain), US2 (like USA, except with 140 RRs), UNE (northeastern US),
NYC (the NYC subway system), and BWA (the Baltimore/Washington Area).
Alternate maps in computer format
Alternate maps in board game format
Download free multimedia add-ons for a map
Create Your Own Game Maps
RBPEdit is our graphics editor program that helps you modify existing RBP game maps,
and create new ones. Detailed information can be found on the RBPEdit page.
Trouble downloading RBP from above? We can send it to you on CD instead
if you pre-pay the registration fee. Note that after running RBP on your computer,
you will need to contact us to obtain a registration passcode. To order, use the
form described in "How to Order" below.
Want it all? Order the Rail Baron Ambassador CD.
How to Order
Click for Paypal shopping cart or printable order form